- 1 What wine goes well with eggplant?
- 2 What do I serve with eggplant parmesan?
- 3 What is the best wine to drink with moussaka?
- 4 What wine goes with aubergine curry?
- 5 What wine goes with tomato sauce pasta?
- 6 What wine goes well with Italian food?
- 7 What should I serve with eggplant?
- 8 What dessert goes with eggplant parmesan?
- 9 Is eggplant good for weight loss?
- 10 What wine is good with Greek food?
- 11 What Alcohol goes well with Greek food?
- 12 What wine goes with tzatziki sauce?
- 13 What is the best wine with curry?
- 14 What wines go well with curry?
- 15 What red wine goes with lamb curry?
What wine goes well with eggplant?
Eggplant is a surprisingly good partner with red wines like Syrah, Zinfandel, Merlot, Malbec, Petite Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon.
What do I serve with eggplant parmesan?
What to Serve with Eggplant Parmesan
- Antipasto Salad.
- Italian Sausage.
- Garlic Bread.
- Grilled Zucchini.
- Roasted Broccolini.
- Fresh Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
What is the best wine to drink with moussaka?
MOUSSAKA. Serve the savoury, richer wine styles with a hearty yet gentle moussaka, but nothing too overpowering. Wine to match: Tempranillo. Alternative options: Sangiovese, Barbera or Shiraz.
What wine goes with aubergine curry?
The best 3 wines to pair with CREAMY AUBERGINE CURRY BBC GOOD FOOD are below.
- White: German Riesling.
- Red: Argentinian Malbec.
- White: Californian Chardonnay.
What wine goes with tomato sauce pasta?
Since pasta dishes with tomato sauce are acidic, it’s best to pair them with a medium-bodied red wine. A wine that doesn’t match the acidity of the sauce will make the wine taste bland. An example of the perfect red wine for a tomato -based sauce would be a cabernet sauvignon or Zinfandel.
What wine goes well with Italian food?
The Best Wines to Pair with Italian Dishes
- Pinot Grigio. If you are having a classic pesto dish, then pair it with a classic wine.
- Zinfandel. The richer the red sauce you have in your pasta or pizza dish, the more tangy and bold you want your red wine to be.
- Pinot Gris.
What should I serve with eggplant?
Because it is a rich dish, you’ll want your sides to be a bit lighter in flavor like grilled zucchini, Roasted Broccoli or a nice light salad with lemon vinaigrette. And of course don’t bread or dinner rolls to sop up any sauce left in your bowl!
What dessert goes with eggplant parmesan?
After the eggplant parmesan meal, you can serve a light dessert. You can try ice cream with sliced strawberries, ricotta cheese with the orange zest fruit pies, coffee with the biscotti, or granita.
Is eggplant good for weight loss?
Could Help With Weight Loss Eggplants are high in fiber and low in calories, making them an excellent addition to any weight loss regimen. Fiber moves through the digestive tract slowly and can promote fullness and satiety, reducing calorie intake ( 16 ).
What wine is good with Greek food?
The Right Wine Pairings for Greek Food
- Meze (ie dips and pita bread) – a light red like a Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
- Salads – Sangiovese.
- Fish, seafood and poultry-based dishes – Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Rosé
- Lamb/beef – Syrah/Shiraz, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Red-sauce based dishes – Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
What Alcohol goes well with Greek food?
Retsina is a dry white wine flavoured with pine resin. The resin used to be added to preserve the wine on sea voyages and the Greeks developed a taste for it which has lasted to this day. Aromatic and fresh, it can go well with any Greek food, if you develop the taste for it.
What wine goes with tzatziki sauce?
If you need a wine to pair with Tzatziki, you could try a Pinot Noir to go with it. (PEE-noh NWAHR): A red wine with red berry, cherry, cinnamon and cola.
What is the best wine with curry?
Meat curries will naturally make a great match for red wines. Smart picks would be aromatic, fresh reds such as Grenache, cool-climate Shiraz with more delicate flavours (newsflash: Shiraz isn’t always big, rich and powerful), or fuller-bodied Pinot Noir – nothing too fragile.
What wines go well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What red wine goes with lamb curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.