- 1 How do you make steamed broccoli taste better?
- 2 How do you add flavor to steamed vegetables?
- 3 How do you season steamed broccoli?
- 4 What can you add to broccoli?
- 5 What do you eat with steamed broccoli?
- 6 How long does broccoli take to steam?
- 7 What can I add to vegetables for flavor?
- 8 What goes well with steamed vegetables?
- 9 How do you make steamed frozen vegetables taste good?
- 10 How healthy is steamed broccoli?
- 11 How do I steam broccoli without a basket?
- 12 How long do you steam broccoli in the microwave?
- 13 What is the best way to eat broccoli?
- 14 What is the healthiest way to cook broccoli?
- 15 How many carbs is in steamed broccoli?
How do you make steamed broccoli taste better?
How to season steamed broccoli
- Olive oil and some grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.
- A shake of rice vinegar and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Lemon zest.
- Slivered toasted almonds.
- Goat cheese or feta crumbles.
- Minced garlic.
- Panko and dried herbs.
How do you add flavor to steamed vegetables?
7 ways to bring more flavor to steamed vegetables
- Salt and pepper. A dish is never going to taste great if salt and pepper aren’t involved in it in the slightest.
- Olive oil.
- Soy sauce or broth.
- Lemon juice.
How do you season steamed broccoli?
Add the broccoli florets to a steamer basket, and place it in a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover the pan. Let steam for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender and bright green. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to taste.
What can you add to broccoli?
Toss broccoli with thyme, garlic salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Put broccoli on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Lemon slices are optional, but they do make it look so pretty and add another dimension of lemon flavor!
What do you eat with steamed broccoli?
7 Ways to Upgrade Boring Old Steamed Broccoli
- Broccoli with Orange-Chile Oil. A garlicky, gingery, citrusy vinaigrette is delicious on steamed vegetables.
- Broccoli à la Catalan.
- Broccoli with Garlicky Tapenade.
- Steamed Broccoli with Miso Butter.
- Bay- Steamed Broccoli.
- Steamed Broccoli with Ginger and Sesame Seeds.
- Steamed Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan.
How long does broccoli take to steam?
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Set aside.
- Add enough water to a pot to come up to about 1 inch. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When the water is boiling, carefully place the steamer basket with broccoli into the pot.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove basket with broccoli.
- Serve right away.
What can I add to vegetables for flavor?
To infuse your vegetables with flavor and mouth-watering aromas, sauté them in olive oil, garlic and herbs of your choice (basil, oregano, thyme, etc). Spice Them Up! Slice up some green and yellow squash. Add sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes and onion.
What goes well with steamed vegetables?
10 ways to add flavour to steamed vegetables
- Sometimes a simple squeeze of lemon or lime juice, together with a sprinkling of salt and black pepper is enough.
- Toss through a couple of teaspoons of pesto or harissa.
- Salad dressings work really well on steamed vegetables.
How do you make steamed frozen vegetables taste good?
How to Make Frozen Vegetables Taste Better
- Heat veggies in chicken broth. This adds extra flavor that boiling in water or steaming in the microwave just won’t give you.
- Add butter and fresh minced garlic.
- Stir in fresh minced parsley and parmesan cheese, and serve!
How healthy is steamed broccoli?
Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also boasts more protein than most other vegetables. This green veggie can be enjoyed both raw and cooked, but recent research shows that gentle steaming provides the most health benefits ( 1, 2 ).
How do I steam broccoli without a basket?
- Place 1-2″ of water in the bottom of a pot with a lid and heat over high heat until boiling. Add broccoli and place lid on top.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Carefully and quickly place broccoli in a colander (strainer) and run cold water over broccoli.
- Serve warm, tossed with optional garnishes if required.
How long do you steam broccoli in the microwave?
It’s virtually foolproof!
- Cut up the broccoli into bite-size florets.
- Put all the broccoli in microwave -safe bowl and add water.
- Cover tightly.
- Microwave on HIGH (regular power) for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove lid carefully!
What is the best way to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is a nutritious and delicious vegetable that can be eaten many different ways. Eat it raw, with a dip or in a salad, to get the most nutrients out of it. Roast, steam, or pan-fry it for a healthy and tasty side dish or snack, or add it into recipes like pasta, stir fry, and soup.
What is the healthiest way to cook broccoli?
What’s the healthiest way to cook broccoli? Steaming, sauteing, stir-frying, microwaving, and roasting retains the most nutrients because the cooking time is brief and exposure to water is at a minimum.
How many carbs is in steamed broccoli?
Steamed Broccoli (1 serving) contains 3g of carbs, 3g of protein, 7g of fat, and 100 calories.